James Swanwick, host of the James Swanwick Show recently interviewed serial entrepreneur, Peter Sage. Peter Sage has worked with the likes of Sir Richard Branson and Bill Clinton. He talks a lot about his philosophical outlook on life.
“A business is an expression of the business owner. Most business owners are looking for ways to up their technical skills, when they really need to up their mindset. Outer world ALWAYS follows inner world. If you think your life is too hectic, take a look at your mind, and your inner world. Understand the difference between advice and opinion. If someone is giving you advice on a skill set, that’s important to heed. But if you’re too concerned about other people’s opinion, it’s a waste of energy.
If you feel depressed, go help other people. Write down what you’re grateful for to help make it less about you. Don’t be distracted by news that doesn’t affect you. Focus on your life. Try giving up news for 30 days, and see if you’re any worse off. You’ll probably be better off. The brain doesn’t process negation. Don’t focus on the negative, focus on the positive”. These were the key takeaways from this interview.
His 7 steps to reinventing yourself are:
The 7 steps
- Stop swimming in GOOP: Good Opinion of Other People.
- Stop making it about you. Create something that brings other people massive amounts of value.
- Upgrade your environment. You will conform to those that are around you, so surround yourself with people who are what you want to be
- Raise your level of consciousness. Understand that life happens by you, not to you. You are responsible for everything that happens in your life
- Understand what money is. Your financial bank account should not lead your emotional bank account. The emotional bank account actually leads the financial bank account. Money is nothing more than perception of abundance, triggered by gratitude. Money in the bank account is nothing more than a by-product of the value you can add. Your bank account determines the amount of value you add.
- Check your identity. Identity governs over 90% of what you do. Ask, who am I? Your labels limit you, so carefully define and understand your identity. Decide who you are consciously, and live that life
- Give your gift. Everyone has a unique gift to give, so focus
Hope You Enjoyed This. Make Sure To Share This Posts and To Follow Us On Instagram at @AdvantageGroup.